Indications, contraindications and Summary of Product Characteristics
Vitaros is indicated for the treatment of men ≥18 years of age with erectile dysfunction, defined as the inability to achieve or maintain a penile erection sufficient for satisfactory sexual performance. 
Contraindications for use of Vitaros include:
• Hypersensitivity to the active ingredient or any of the excipients
• Presence of underlying disorders such as orthostatic hypotension, myocardial infarction and syncope
• Presence of conditions that may predispose to priapism
• Abnormal penile anatomy including anatomical deformation of the penis
• Inflammation or infection of the glans
• Detected susceptibility to venous thrombosis
• In patients for whom sexual activity is not advisable including those with unstable cardiovascular or unstable cerebrovascular conditions.
A condom should be used during sexual intercourse with a woman with child-bearing potential.
1. Vitaros Summary of Product Characteristics. Last accessed: May 2022.